Tuesday 1 April 2008



God, the metalwork seems interminable!

Today, as well as working on the radiator sides, which need loads of adjusting, I trimmed away some rusty sections of windscreen surround and formed and inserted some virgin steel, having removed surface rust from the inner surround. I think I shall MIG drill-spot weld the strip in place. It is larger than what can be seen here. Welding a tab, cut for the purpose, inside will lever it into place....but a tricky bit of welding may be needed along the fringe of fillet....though I am reluctant to do this partly because the material is likely to blow through and secondly because grinding it back afterwards will be tricky in a concave.

I shall then treat the rusty fillet and squeeze POR15 paste into the fillet to cure and strengthen it.

No comments: